The Greenville News is a team of creative and dedicated journalists creating the future of local news. We're all about combining innovative approaches and quality journalism to tell stories and connect with our audience. We have an opportunity for an energetic photojournalist to join our award-winning organization.
The Greenville News, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a temporary videographer/photographer to tell visual stories that can stand alone or accompany the work of reporters in a deadline-driven environment. The position would involve work for two monthly publications, TALK Greenville magazine and Upstate Parent magazine.
In this role, you will:
- Complete a visual team to identify the best visual elements for a story or event, whether that's recorded video, live video or still photography.
- Communicate daily with editors and contributing writers to identify the best opportunities for visuals to complement their stories.
- Contribute to the vision and execution of Upstate Parent's Instagram account.
- Bring readers to the scene of news via daily social media activity.
- Fuel both Upstate Parent and TALK Greenville websites and social media platforms with timely photos and videos.
- Co-manage the photo assignment calendar and prioritize assignments.
- Use metrics to identify past success and chart future
- Experiment with new technologies and tools, such as 360 video and live video.
- Shoot a variety of assignments, from breaking news and enterprise to sports and
- Work some nights, weekends and holidays. Your typical schedule may shift with news
- Identify and execute on short-term or long-term video and photo projects.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You graduated with a bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or have the
equivalent in experience and education.
- You have one year of newsroom experience (preferred).
- You are a visual innovator and leader and can help others see new possibilities.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires multi-tasking while
meeting tight deadlines.
- You can craft well-written, grammatically correct captions with context and added
relevant information, and engaging headlines.
- You're interested in experimenting with new visual platforms.
- You thrive while interacting with the public and reporters/editors.
- You are drawn to telling stories and chronicling events using video.
- You are curious about your community and see visual opportunities everywhere you
- You are assertive and act on your curiosity to get the story, the shot, the video.
- You understand that design elements are often integrated with photos to best tell
- You are self-motivated and self-directed.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top