Technical Quality Architect
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Quality Engineering team thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Our focus is being the voice of quality from the engagement of product owners, developers, and designers to build better software by improving speed, efficiency, and collaboration during the development lifecycle.
As a Technical Architect/Quality Engineering, you'll be focused on working with multiple development teams across the organization to architect test solutions and drive product quality. You will play a critical role in quality awareness while also reinforcing the importance of defining a testing strategy, development and quality processes, continuous testing, continuous integration and delivery, and discover testing solutions that will ensure product readiness with high-quality.
The ideal candidate has a strong aptitude for learning new technologies with a good instinct for discovering defects in software. You are a leader, communicator, focused, responsible, and a team-player who thrives under pressure. If developing with the latest cloud and automation technologies drives you to get out of bed in the morning, and you have strong opinions about the definition of "high availability," and you love to exchange innovative ideas and best practices, you'd probably fit in well here.
- Constantly drive our development teams to focus on the tests that give the greatest insight into our product quality
- Be a vocal proponent for quality (internally and externally) in every phase of the development process
- Work directly with development teams to understand the strengths and limitations of their current CI pipelines and create path to production with quality gates
- Build partnership with development teams
- Evangelize, good quality practices and strategy throughout the product life cycle
- Provides guidance and expertise in the development of test strategy for related work streams in an application
- Ability to work with Technical Leads, Architects, Developers, Design, and Product Managers to understand end to end architecture, tech stacks and end-user experience in order to formulate effective test strategy
- Analyze and develop recommendations for improvements
- Lead efforts to design and implement the right balance of testing into applications
- Act as a coach and mentor for quality specialist/evangelist, software development engineer in test (SDET), and development teams by providing training for new processes, best practices, testing strategies, our quality vision, and new testing tools
Technologies at Gannett | USA Today Network
- Test Management - QASymphony
- Selenium Cloud Testing - Sauce Labs
- Visual Testing - Applitools
- Mobile Cloud Testing - AWS Device Farm, Google Firebase Test Labs and TestObject
- Front-end Testing (Selenium) - NightwatchJS, Polymer, RSpec, Protractor, Cucumber, Capybara, Espresso, Earl Grey, Appium, XCUITest, and internal Model-based Test Framework
- Chef Testing - Chefspec, Serverspec, Rubocop, Brakeman and Foodcritic
- Lower-level Testing - JUnit, Jasmine, Chai, and Mocha
- Cloud Services - Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Scalr
- Chef, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration and Delivery with Jenkins and Concourse
- Artifact Repo Management with Artifactory
- Monitoring with New Relic
- Log Management with Splunk / Sumo Logic
- 4+ years experience as Quality Architect
- 4+ years experience in Selenium
- 4+ years experience in developing automated tests for web application, mobile application or REST APIs
- Experience designing and building automation solutions (Custom or Pre-built)
- Experience leading and managing project teams
- Experience with CI tools (i.e. Jenkins, TeamCity, Concourse, Drone)
Nice to have
- Experience deploying to AWS or other clouds
- Experience with auto-scaling and the architecture of stateless applications
- Experience with Chef or other configuration management tools
- Experience with Docker
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top