Technical Product Owner
Montreal, QC, Canada Req #6976
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
SweetIQ is looking for a passionate and driven Technical Product Owner (PO) to help improve existing products and create new products in the Online Presence Management space.
SweetIQ delivers industry leading location-based marketing analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQ location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and small/medium sized business resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is offered by ReachLocal, a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
What the job is about:
The PO will extend the product by building new integrations and/or improving existing integrations and APIs based on customer feedback and market conditions. This PO will be responsible for developing new product initiatives to support the integration & API framework to improve usability and adoption. The PO will translate requirements and feedback into functional specifications for development. Candidates must have strong communication and writing skills as well as the ability to interface with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities will also include speaking with partners, customers, analysts, and prospects to communicate product vision and direction. The PO must possess the desire to constantly learn, have strong analytical skills, the ability to think outside the box and a unique blend of business and technical savvy. In your role you will:
- Work closely with a team of experienced Product Managers, Architects, Developers and QA engineers to develop our framework for Integrations and APIs.
- Define and manage the API roadmap, executing on current priorities and managing strategy for future projects.
- Develop process models for enabling teams and stakeholders to develop and deploy integrations and APIs on the platform.
- Track usage metrics and review strategies for product adoption and project prioritization.
- Identify and engage with vendors to build alliances that the extend the application
What you need to have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Technical Product role
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Business or related field
- Technically competent, comfortable with SQL, worked on Enterprise Integration platforms and shows strong knowledge of REST APIs and Data Integrations.
- Familiar with Postman (or curl), GitHub, JIRA and Confluence
- Deep knowledge of product lifecycle, experience managing Agile teams
- Passionate about product design
- Digital Marketing product experience a plus
- Excellent communicator. Ability to distill business requirements from multiple stakeholders into a single feature set
- Passionate about increasing User engagement across multiple integrated platforms
What SweetIQ offers:
We love collaboration, desire and commitment - so we've built our teams that way! The number one SweetIQ benefit is collaborating with passionate people who love what they do and love getting the job done. We foster a dynamic and empowering work environment - with mentoring, plenty of growth opportunities, and where a culture of diversity and inclusion are promoted.Our quarterly innovation week expands you out of "work mode" with fun, creative side projects to keep the juices flowing!
Here's are some other great things we've got going on:
- Great downtown location - straight to train or metro!
- And if you prefer to travel, on wheels instead of rails - we have indoor bike parking as well!
- Subsidized Public Transportation (STM and RTM).
- Wellness incentives - including $420 of fitness allowance yearly, massage therapy, and more!
- Access to free yoga classes and discounts at YMCA and Energy Cardio.
- Caffeine on tap (almond milk too!), fresh fruit baskets, healthy snacks and more.
- Company activities such as softball, onsite bi-weekly yoga, and running club - just to name a few!
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top