Montreal, QC, Canada Req #6258
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
SweetIQ by ReachLocal delivers industry leading location-based marketing analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQ location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and SMB resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is offered by ReachLocal, a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
What the job is about:
Work as a technical lead, coding, unit testing and defining architectural goals for a solution involving big data sets, several cloud native microservices and databases. You will work with NodeJS, Golang, Elixir, SQL and NoSQL databases, message queues, Kubernetes.
What you will do:
● Lead technical solutions and contribute to overarching strategy and vision of the technical team ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs, while satisfying short term market requirements
● Ensure all technology teams are all aligned in terms of technological decisions through clear communication, training and documentation
● Stay up to date with technological advancements and lead adoption where necessary
● Monitor and evaluate application performance and ensure scalability and resilience
● Participate in product roadmap planning and overall architecture discussions
● Recommend technical architecture decisions for your own area
● Convert business requirements into working solutions
● Hands-on contribution to product development through coding, unit testing and documentation
● Coach team and support team members
● Interact with stakeholders and influence direction, sell ideas, roadmaps, and technical approaches
● Answer client, interdepartmental and team requests
● Generate and track KPIs
● Generate project estimates and timelines
What you need to have:
10 and up years of experience as a software developer including architecture responsibilities
What you need to know
● Define and describe high level and low level architecture
● Design scalable software systems in a mircoservice architecture
● Proficiency in Go, NodeJS or Elixir (experience in other languages valued)
● Design and implement RESTful APIs
● Consume third party APIs
● Unit testing and continuous integration
● Design and scale Mongodb, Mysql and PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
● Cloud solution design (AWS, GCP, Kubernetes)
● System Observability (Elasticsearch, NewRelic AMP, SumoLogic, Prometheus or Graphite)
● Google pub/sub, RabbitMQ, AMQP or Kafka
● Docker and containerization of services
● Front end frameworks (Vue, Polymer, ReactJS, Redux or Angularjs)
● Familiarity with Github and the pull "request, code review, merge" process
● Experience using techniques that enable team code ownership, e.g., test-driven development, literate code, code reviews, pair programming
● Proficient with Agile/Lean software development methodologies
● Pragmatism with regard to application of craft, technology, and currently available team and resources
● Able to very quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
● Autonomous, very dynamic, capable of handling working in a very fast-paced environment
● Solution oriented approach to problem solving
● Can communicate clearly and accurately in English to people from various cultural and technical backgrounds. Command of French preferred but not necessary.
What SweetIQ Offers:
We love collaboration, desire and commitment - so we've built our team that way. The number one benefit to working here is working with people that love what they do and love getting the job done.
Here's what else we've got going on:
● Comprehensive group insurance benefits
● Great downtown location (including Indoor Bicycle Parking and showers)Dynamic work environment with mentoring and plenty of growth opportunities
● Caffeine on the tap with fruit baskets and snacks
● Innovation week - an opportunity to work on fun special projects every quarter
● Access to free yoga classes and discounts at YMCA and Energy Cardio
● Company activities such as softball, yoga, summer BBQ, running club just to name a few!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top