Systems Services Analyst
System Services Analyst – Afternoon Shift
Michigan.com, part of the USA Today Network, which prints the USA Today, the Detroit Free Press, and The Detroit News, has openings for a System Services Analyst at our Sterling Heights Operational Facility.
Responsibilities include: Coordinating and providing superior hardware and software repair, maintenance and technical support for computers, servers and other electronic and computer-related systems used by Michigan.com, Detroit News and Detroit Free Press for the production of the newspapers and other business operations.
This position is for afternoon shift from 5pm to 1am. Weekends and holiday shifts occur at times.
- Diagnose system malfunctions and implement corrective actions
- Administration of workstations, servers, MAC and computer peripherals
- Proficiency in Operating Systems up to MS Server 2016, Windows 10, and Unix
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, SQL, and Pervasive DB
- Understanding of electronic principals and troubleshooting
- Specialized knowledge of Computer to Plate, Newsdrive, EOP, Enternet, Burt, and Comet
- Works closely with internal customers like Prepress, Pressroom, Mailroom, Transportation and Receiving
- Also works closely with external contractor and suppliers
Associate's degree in computer or electronics disciplines
A minimum of 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training
Help desk experience preferred
Military training a plus
Knowledge of the following a plus: Burt, Enternet, Comet, EOP, Newsdrive and Newsgate preferred
Use of electronic testing equipment such as oscilloscope and volt meter
Use of hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, drills, saws and other mechanical items.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top