Strategic Sales Director
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Tucson, AZ
- Mesa, AZ
- Tempe, AZ
- Glendale, AZ
- Chandler, AZ
- Marana, AZ
- Maricopa, AZ
Chandler, AZ, USA • Gilbert, AZ, USA • Glendale, AZ, USA • Marana, AZ, USA • Maricopa, AZ, USA • Mesa, AZ, USA • Peoria, AZ, USA • Scottsdale, AZ, USA • Tempe, AZ, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA Req #16060
Friday, June 4, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Sales Director leads our Top Local Accounts team with a focus on developing new strategic client relationships, growing revenue from existing clients and improving retention through optimal service and communication of value and ROI. This key leader is also the primary driver of digital advertising revenue growth to be achieved through sound sales leadership, proactive planning, collaborative selling, and a relentless drive for results. This person Supervises the local Sales Managers and works closely with the Lee Regional Sales Director and Publisher to execute on these strategies. If you have a strong digital and strategic sales accumen, then you are encouraged to apply!
- Hold Top Local Accounts Team accountable to drive business objectives and the adoption of performance expectations.
- Recruit, coach and develop sales talent to ensure TNI has best-in-market talent on board.
- Partner with sellers to use Vision, Amplified and Full Circle to develop results-based solutions. Team sell alongside sales consultants to present and close those solutions with the help of well-crafted media proposals.
- Reinforce our cultural principles by applying structure, discipline, teamwork and creativity to solve problems on behalf of internal and external clients.
- Work alongside sales team members and Sales Managers to hit revenue targets and execute on divisional priorities such as content initiatives, key product launches and platform pilots.
- Identifies revenue opportunities and work with Lee Regional Sales director and Publisher to strategically plan ways to capture and maximize those opportunities.
- Act as a key partner to Lee Central Sales team to drive revenue and improve collaboration on behalf of internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of accountability to sales metrics + performance and adoption expectations in our sales platforms.
- Digital & Content Marketing Acumen: know, live it, champion it with our team.
- Ability to sell using data and analytics and to coach your team to do the same.
- Self-discipline and sound decision-making to act as a key representative of senior advertising leadership
- Ability to communicate persuasively with internal and external stakeholders
- Results-oriented mindset
- Problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- High level of analytical skills and attention to detail
- High emotional IQ and positive mindset
- Consistent goal attainment, both in overall team goals and with individual sales team members.
- Provide leadership in change management.
- Champion Amplified Digital, Vision and Full Circle as key means by which to foster our digital transformation.
- Celebrate wins often and create a winning culture.
- Believe in your team but relentlessly ask for more.
- Champion the 'culture of yes' for the betterment of our internal and external clients.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top