Staff Writer - Partner Content
Boston, MA, USA • Cambridge, MA, USA • Massachusetts, USA • Virtual Req #17012
Thursday, July 8, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Staff Writer - Partner Content
Reviewed/ reviewed.com , a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an eager and talented writer to join us as a full-time Staff Writer for the Partner Content team. This is editorially driven, not sponsored content.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You'll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that helps people's lives. You'll have a chance to share your work across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people buy the best stuff and love what they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position contributes editorial content to partner content. We often partner with brands and outside organizations to create content relevant to their target audiences. The role is in the newsroom and requires a deep commitment to our ethics and our brand of service journalism. This position requires some editorial experience and comfort with experimentation. We would be open to writers who only have experience with their own personal site, school publication, or social media accounts, if they demonstrate an understanding of content production and journalistic ethics.
This role will also require attendance on certain holidays or big sales, including but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, and CES.
You'll be a key contributor to a team on the vanguard of Reviewed's editorial strategy. You'll work alongside talented, like-minded product nerds to help shape our total editorial strategy.
The Partner Content Staff Writer role reports to the Editor for Partner Content. We are open to remote employees, but staffers are also able to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Write and produce multiple articles per week.
- Support the editorial calendar for Reviewed's Partner Content coverage using smart, data-driven decisions.
- Help research potential new product categories and editorial partners for future content directions.
- Promote and defend our ethical standards and brand of service journalism
- Brainstorm story ideas with editorial, business development, and audience teams to pitch to key partners.
- Produce quick-turnaround stories on a variety of topics.
- Assist the editorial team in writing assignments and generating great story ideas, when needed.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep understanding of the consumer search trends and shopping habits.
- Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- 1-3 years producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content is a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO a plus.
- Experience with affiliate networks, like Amazon Affiliates, Skimlinks, Impact Radius, Trackonomics, or others is a plus.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume - one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Office work takes place in an open-floor-plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether you're onsite or remote, you'll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That's where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top