- New Philadelphia, OH
New Philadelphia, OH 44663, USA Req #15304
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Staff photographer needed for daily newspaper in Ohio. Duties include c apturing and editing visual content for multiple platforms, including video. Assignments will include breaking news, features and sports.
In this role, you will:
• Photograph and edit daily assignments, including but not limited to breaking news, features and sports
• Create photo galleries
• Produce videos and stream live videos for timesreporter.com and social media platforms, as well as create polished, longer-term video projects
• Use social media to share your work and connect with our audience
Here's what you need:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or photography or equivalent
• Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography).
• Experience with shooting and editing on an iPhone
• Ability to write accurate, detailed captions
• Understanding of social media and how to engage fan bases on digital platforms
• Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities
• Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing industry
This job will includes evening and weekend work
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top