Arizona, USA • Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Asheville, NC, USA • Ashland City, TN 37015, USA • Bergenfield, NJ, USA • Bethany Beach, DE, USA • Clarksville, TN, USA • Dickson, TN, USA • Evansville, IN, USA • Florida, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Georgia, USA • Greenville, SC, USA • Illinois, USA • Jackson, MS, USA • Jackson, TN, USA • Knoxville, TN, USA • Lafayette, LA, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • Massachusetts, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Melbourne, FL, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Monroe, LA, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New Jersey, USA • New York, NY, USA • Pennsylvania, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Shreveport, LA, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Tennessee, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Ventura, CA, USA • Virginia, USA • Virtual Req #18987
Monday, October 11, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Join us as Senior Manager, Compensation and help us shape the total rewards future of our amazing company.
Gannett is seeking a Senior Manager, Compensation to provide compensation solutions through the design of competitive and cost-effective compensation program. She/he will lead a team providing, among other responsibilities, consulting services to business leaders and HR partners, designing and creating salary structures and stock-based plans, and analyzing job requirements and leveling. The Senior Manager, Compensation will also lead project management for annual compensation projects, prepare materials for submission to the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, and provide direction for various compensation surveys initiatives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team responsible for the design, development, implementation, and administration of market competitive salary and equity programs.
- Manage all stock-based programs from creation to administration in partnership with Fidelity.
- Ownership of FLSA classifications and compliance.
- Provide input and recommendations in setting compensation philosophy, strategy, and vision to align with the company's mission and objectives.
- Monitor the effectiveness of and provide consulting services in the areas of job design, job evaluation, competitive market analysis and job requisition review to ensure consistency across the company.
- Conduct and supervise the participation in compensation surveys.
- Develop techniques to compile, prepare, and present data in response to special requests and annual processes.
- Understand customer needs and design project plans accordingly.
- Educate and consult with managers on interpretation of compensation policies and programs.
- Conduct various compensation analyses and provide reports to management as required.
- Maintain an external focus on best practices, regulatory requirements, and the competitive environment.
- Collaborate early and often while building open and honest relationships with peers and business clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as the arise.
- Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of demonstrated compensation and team management experience.
- World at Work certification or other human resources certification a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of current market trends and leading compensation practices.
- Ability to blend compensation philosophy, best in class methods and programs, and business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: relationship building, enthusiasm, and positive outlook.
- Results oriented with strong ability to work autonomously and with multiple partner teams.
- Design and delivery of compensation programs for sales, exempt/non-exempt, and executive levels.
- Expert level technical skills: communications, Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint), problem solving, and analytics.
- Proficiency with HRIS systems.