Sr Director, Marketing Analytics
- McLean, VA
McLean, VA, USA ● New York, NY, USA ● Virtual Req #12533
Friday, December 4, 2020
The Senior Director, Marketing Analytics will be focused on leading efforts to measure and maximize the impact of Marketing efforts at Gannett. This leader will have an eye on brand growth, growth of the user base, and channel performance across acquisition and retention for our digital and print marketing efforts. The Senior Director, Marketing Analytics is responsible for leading a team of business analysts who are measuring, managing and analyzing marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI). These analysts will be providing dashboards and reporting to Marketing stakeholders and use data and insights to make recommendations on strategic and tactical changes to obtain better results across Gannett's Marketing channels.
This dynamic senior leadership role will require a leader who has the ability to initiate and deliver change to enable the growth goals that Gannett has put in place. This leader should have excellent communication skills and ability to form connection to teams and leaders across the organization. The role will require sound decision making, and ability to "connect the dots" and understanding of the impact of Marketing efforts across the broader Gannett organization.
- Continuously drive innovation and influence by providing strategic, analytical thought leadership with executives and cross-functional partners across the organization.
- Manage and develop a team of experts on and help them define the most important KPIs to track and measure and communicate their knowledge and findings across the Marketing organization to drive business decisions.
- Analyze the results of Marketing campaigns and recommend optimizations to improve performance
- Analyze the results of our acquisition and retention efforts
- Assess and manage data sources and platforms, including collaborating with IT on Marketing database and vendors for third-party data.
- Advise the Marketing organization and guide the team on measurement areas such as Marketing Mix Model, Multi-Touch Attribution, Cost of Acquisition, Lifetime Value, and testing.
- Analyze complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to
- provide insight and recommendations to decision-makers.
- Develop predictive analytics and data science capabilities roadmap within the team
- Construct forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Produce reports and insights for decision making using various analysis and visualization tools (e.g.
- SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau, Python, Google Sheets, MS Excel).
- 10+ years related experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a Marketing Analytics function within a brand or agency
- Understands how to measure the "growth of the brand", "growth of the user base", how to measure the true incrementality of marketing, and how to connect the brand growth with performance marketing growth
- Demonstrated ability to access, manipulate, and analyze data to draw business insights
- Must have a point of view on how data drives marketing strategy, spending and how marketing analytics connects back with consumer insights, segmentation, on platform and off platform behavior.
- Deep understanding of marketing analytics platforms (DMP, DSP, CDP, Ad Servers,etc.).
- Strong technical capabilities with SQL, data warehouses, ETL processes, and data integration tools.
- Experience with algorithmic bidding tools R, Python skills would be a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Analytics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or a related field. (Master's degree or a PhD would be a major plus)
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top