Sr. Director Local Brand Marketing
- New York, NY
New York, NY, USA • Virtual Req #15281
Thursday, April 22, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett/ USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a Senior Director of Local Brand Marketing to join the Brand and Network Marketing team.
This seasoned marketing leader will be responsible for building awareness and driving audience growth across our network of award-winning local news brands such as The Indianapolis Star, The Austin Statesman, Nashville Tennessean, The Bergen Record and many more.
The position will report to the VP Brand and Network Marketing.
- Define marketing priorities, investment strategies and go to market approach to drive new audience demand, build brand awareness and relevance
- Develop strong integrated marketing plans across digital and traditional platforms and lead cross-capability teams
- Lead, plan and manage campaigns to drive key KPIs across paid and owned channels
- Drive the evolution and rollout of brand positioning and purpose
- Partner with creative to ensure brand and voice are projected consistently and effectively
- Serve as our brand sherpa across the network
- Act as key marketing lead for local brands and build strong and collaborative relationships with other department leads including editorial/ content, product, sales, business intelligence and other marketing teams (Growth, PR, Creative, Content)
- Manage agency relationships when applicable
- Hungry, proactive, "roll sleeves up" workstyle
- 10+ years of brand building experience
- Demonstrated experience partnering with creative teams to bring to life 'big ideas'
- Ability to be hands on, with a comfort in driving both strategy and execution
- Proven experience leading and directly managing complex initiatives across numerous stakeholders - from ideation to launch and optimization
- Collaborative workstyle and experience working with cross-functional teams, C-suite stakeholders to drive results
- Brand/ Marketing Agency or technology growth company experience is a strong plus
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top