Sr. Digital Designer, Client Strategy
USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local-to-national news network in the country. We are a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive.
We are seeking a Sr. Digital Designer to join the Brand and Creative Strategy team at The North Jersey Media Group. The Designer will work closely with Client Strategy Managers to focus on high-end creative concept and development for local accounts with active role in presenting proposed creative strategies and integrated campaign concepts to customers. The Designer will be responsible for developing full spec campaigns, makes branding recommendations, and tests creative for results.
What You'll Do:
- Conceptualizes skills across multiple Digital and offline media and messaging platforms based on close collaboration with sales reps, sales managers and strategists.
- Implements branding/re-branding strategies as part of the client creative directive that inspires and excites Client Strategy staff and local and regional clients.
- Translates vision and client needs into compelling, executable creative/campaigns.
- Regular and effective copywriting to be used in client solutions.
- Superior presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external decision makers and influencers.
- Effectively utilize internal Gannett resources and effectively sources and manages outside creative resources across markets.
- Works cooperatively with other art directors and designers from other regions while staying abreast and being able to implement new technologies.
- Develops relationships with assigned accounts to identify advertising needs, understanding of branding/company imaging requirements and multi-platform solutions.
- Keeps current on technical procedures of print and digital production internally, and design and consumer trends externally in order to effectively develop solutions for clients.
- Organizes and participates in brainstorming sessions to develop and collaborate in regard to creative ideas
What You'll Bring to Table:
- Ability to present/pitch creative solutions to clients.
- Proficient technical skills including Adobe Creative Suite, Ad Management System, Mosaic, Acrobat, Flash, Dreamweaver, InDesign.
- Ability to understand and apply style/content differences between print and digital content to process ads appropriately for different products.
- Ability to process and produce multiple ads as part of an integrated campaign in a short time frame- resizing art/layout accordingly to specs.
- Basic understanding of print and digital production processes.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment.
What we Offer:
As a part of the USA Today Network, the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top