Sr. Account Executive, Strategic Accounts
Indianapolis, IN, USA, Milwaukee, WI, USA Req #6362
Monday, December 17, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Sales, the Sr Account Executive, Strategic Accounts will focus on a go-to-market strategy to drive revenue growth within Strategic Accounts across digital media platforms. The ideal candidate will have delivered results in digital media environments and have experience selling complex solutions to national and/or franchise accounts at the corporate level.
This can be based out of any Gannett office, nationwide, and will require approximately 50% travel.
What You'll Do
- Drive digital advertising sales, while meeting and exceeding all sales goals
- Focus on identified client direct and agencies
- Work as a partner to help clients reach their goals and initiatives
- Manage, renew and up-sell existing clients
- Work with Client Solutions and Account Management to prepare proposals and respond to RFP's with a high degree of professionalism, quality and in a timely manner
- Participate and represent USATN at industry events
- Work with Account Management to ensure that client's needs are being met to the best of our ability
- Stay current on online advertising trends and innovations
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of digital sales experience
- Established, senior-level relationships with advertising agencies and brands a plus
- Experience selling to Grocery or CPG brands and Shopper Marketing is a plus
- Highly skilled in negotiating and selling the intrinsic value of a premium offering to customers, not just the program or price
- Prospecting and cold calling skills necessary
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, exciting environment while managing multiple priorities and maintaining an unwavering commitment to quality
- Stellar written communication and presentation skills
- A strong team player with the ability to lead by example
- BS/BA degree
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top