Sr. Account Executive
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
USA TODAY NETWORK in Phoenix is seeking a strategic and tactically driven Senior Account Executive to develop partnerships with large local and regional businesses to help them reach their goals through creating integrated marketing plans and providing comprehensive media solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Sell multi-media marketing solutions to the very critical large business sector with local or regional decision makers, often with multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction.
- Develop and execute account plans for each client that leads to a cohesive marketing strategy and integrated marketing plans.
- Be closely aligned with clients in an effort to allow deeper time and resource investment for premier clients offering highest market potential.
- Develop and work a sales pipeline, managed via SFDC.
- Utilize customer, market, and segment insights to bring new information.
- Identify complex customer needs and build custom client solutions that differentiate USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors.
- Leverage multiple USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions including print and digital products.
- Work with C-level clients, corporate and matrix organizations.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do good here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay plus unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up - an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a top-notch team: Receive excellent support from an account manager, a digital campaign manager, a marketing strategist and more.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You're a battletested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You're the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You graduated college with an impressive GPA and an extracurricular life.
- You possess 3-4+ years of sales experience.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top