The Chillicothe Gazette, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for a sports reporter.
We want an energetic individual capable of producing features and game-day content for preps and other sports, developing sources and providing analysis with personality while employing the latest social media and mobile reporting and productions techniques.
In this role as a reporter, you will:
- Use multimedia storytelling tools on tight deadlines for our print and digital platforms.
- Provide all the appropriate elements for the story (i.e. photos, videos and graphics).
- Contribute to the growth and daily management of social-media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, SnapChat).
- Monitor the success of content topics using analytics tools to refine content strategy
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or experience in a related field
- Solid core journalism skills (reporting, producing, editing).
- Be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Able to multi‐task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- A background in creating content for mobile and digital audiences, to include photography, video, social media and podcast experiences is highly desired.
- Advanced knowledge of social media and how to engage fan base on digital platforms.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional core journalism skills (reporting, producing and editing).
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Apply innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals.
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style.
- Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must have a driver's license and reliable access to a vehicle.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top