The St. Cloud Times, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is building a team of creative, experimental journalists to tell stories that connect with our audience on every platform they use. We have a strong history of award-winning journalism to provide a firm foundation to hone your craft.
Sound appealing? We have an immediate opening for a sports enterprise reporter to uncover the important, interesting and plain entertaining stories in our sports-crazy region.
You'll focus on non-game enterprise coverage of issues and topics connected to Central Minnesota high school, small college, minor league, semipro and recreational sports. While you need to know your way around a stat sheet, most of your effort will be covering stories that happen before or after the buzzer sounds.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You graduated with a bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or have the
equivalent in experience and education.
- You have one year of newsroom experience (preferred).
- You are interested in experimentation and can see new possibilities.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires multi-tasking while
meeting tight deadlines.
- You can craft well-written, grammatically correct stories and engaging headlines.
- You thrive while interacting with the public and reporters/editors.
- You are drawn to telling stories and chronicling events using video.
- You are curious about your community.
- You are assertive and act on your curiosity to get the story.
- You are self-motivated.
- You are known for your effective communication and are able to get along with
diverse personalities and thrive in and embrace peer-to-peer feedback and
- You have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top