Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com is looking to add a dynamic voice to our sports team -- a social/mobile columnist to join our award-winning newsroom.
Greater Phoenix provides the ideal setting for notable sports journalism -- a diverse, international metropolitan area that's one of 13 in the nation with all four legacy sports leagues, plus high-impact events ranging from spring training to the world's best-attended golf tournament to major national pro and college championships. We are Arizona's No.1 source for sports news and commentary. The Republic has Arizona's largest and most-trusted newsroom, and azcentral.com has the most visitors, page views and engagement in the state.
This position demands a new way of creating sports content (social posts, smart takes, video, news stories and columns) and fresh approaches to how it's shared and how we connect with our audience.
It will require the successful candidate to:
- Create smart, thoughtful, engaging, sophisticated content in a variety of formats on Arizona and national sports to help grow audience. The focus will be on the big teams and personalities that drive Arizona sports, but also national topics that help readers understand the sports world.
- Provide leadership on developing audiences on Facebook, Twitter and emerging social platforms.
- Display creativity in everything from developing column ideas to writing SEO-friendly headlines to sharing content socially to having an eye for images and video.
- Be among the strongest reporters and storytellers in our newsroom, able to write quickly and with voice, and also bring a sense of fun to the job.
- Be comfortable appearing on camera and in front of a crowd.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top