Sourcing Recruiter (Virtual)
USA TODAY NETWORK is a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. Our iconic USA TODAY Network brand, 109 strong local media organizations in 34 states and Guam and more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K. and ReachLocal, a digital marketing company.We provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products.Each month more than 110 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY Network and Gannett's local media organizations.USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, this role focuses on building sales candidate pipelines;this position may be based in any major market or you can work remotely!
- Be a true "hunter" and find world class sales talent. Recruit passive candidates and gauge chemistry of candidates for fit and motivation rather than simply sell a role.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management; conduct and turn passive candidates into active candidates.
- Articulate in writing recruiting plans with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process.
- Develop and implement strategies and initiatives that will drive the overall talent acquisition process, quality of hiring, and time-to-fill goals.
- Partner with the Regional Recruiter, hiring managers and HRBPs to ensure a healthy pipeline is built against future recruitment needs.
- Use a solid understanding of the company's tools, processes, protocols and knowledge to recruit experienced-hire down to entry-level candidates.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Gannett's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer. Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Screen, interview and prepare an ideal candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Bachelor's degree preferred along with a Minimum of 5 years of recruitment experience with at least 2+ years of specialized recruiting in sales and/or corporate preferably from a corporate, digital or media environment.
- Experience with the latest and greatest sourcing tools including Chrome Extensions, Social Networking, LinkedIn Recruiter as well as the use of CRM tools.
- Ability to continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to sourcing and delivering candidatesHigh volume recruiting experience.
- Must be able to manage a workload of 20+ requisitions at a time.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex recruitment and hiring issues with minimum guidance.Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
About Us: Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top