Software Engineer II
- Milwaukee, WI
- Rochester, NY
- New York, NY
- Tucson, AZ
- Flexible / Remote
- Nashville, TN
- Memphis, TN
- Fort Myers, FL
- Manhattan, NY
- Springfield, MO
- McLean, VA
- Asbury Park, NJ
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA ● Fort Myers, FL, USA ● Manhattan, New York, NY, USA ● McLean, VA, USA ● Memphis, TN, USA ● Milwaukee, WI, USA ● Nashville, TN, USA ● New York, NY, USA ● Rochester, NY, USA ● Springfield, MO, USA ● Tucson, AZ, USA ● Virtual Req #14453
Monday, March 22, 2021
Our Product and Technology team building best-in-class digital marketing solutions for small SMB clients is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer. This individual will be designing, and building software and applications providing leading edge products directly impacting the client experience. They will need to be able to grasp both product and technical requirements, and have the ability to translate them into working applications and functionality across our platform.You will participate in all phases of the fulfillment cycle: from product definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing.If you are familiar with Agile methodologies, profoundly technical, analytical, and eager to build solutions that directly impact the company's core values, we want to talk to you!
We are a fast-paced engineering team working to build the next generation of Digital Marketing management systems partnering with Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Facebook.
• Analyze, design, and coordinate the development of back end services, including downstream APIs using Java and J2EE
• Design and develop a great user experience using modern web technologies (UI/UX, React)
• Provide technical guidance to the team and facilitate sprint planning, reviews, and sprint retrospective
• Develop scalable, tested, and reliable applications and services
• Integrate with internal as well as third-party web services and components
• Consistently follow and continue to help improve our engineering processes, including code reviews, deployment, and issue tracking
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer using multiple technologies and frameworks
• Hands-on back-end microservices & REST API development using Java, J2EE, and related technologies
• Strong hands-on experience with Spring Boot
• Experience in working with Databases and Messaging Queue Systems
• Experience in Angular is a plus
• AWS exposure and cloud environments from a DevOps perspective is a plus
• Knowledge of source code management tools, ticketing systems, and wikis for collaboration on code, e.g., Jira, Confluence, Git a big plus.
• Experience with Agile processes such as SCRUM or Kanban.
• Ability to be a self-starter, work as part of a larger team, or independently.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top