Software Engineer (FEUS)
- Milwaukee, WI
- Rochester, NY
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
- Tucson, AZ
- Flexible / Remote
- Nashville, TN
- Memphis, TN
- Fort Myers, FL
- Manhattan, NY
- Springfield, MO
- McLean, VA
- Asbury Park, NJ
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Boston, MA, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Virtual Req #16567
Monday, June 21, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Software Engineer - LOCALiQ
As a Software Engineer, you will design and develop a great user experience using modern web technologies to integrate internal as well as third-party web services and components. You will work closely with the Product and Design teams as part of an Agile Development process. You will need to be able to grasp both product and technical requirements and utilize your abilities to translate them into working applications and functionality across our platform. You will participate in all phases of the fulfillment cycle: from product definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing.
We are a fast-paced product-led engineering team working to build the next generation of Digital Marketing management systems partnering with Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook and Snap. If you are profoundly technical, analytical, and eager to build solutions that directly impact the company's core values, we want to talk to you!
- About Your Responsibilities:
- • Create high quality user experiences integrating into various backend technologies
- • Troubleshoot operations issues as required
- • Consistently follow and continue to help improve our engineering processes, including code reviews, deployment, and issue tracking
- • Document solutions to institutionalize knowledge for the development, operational, support, and end user communities
- • Ensure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code that results in clean, concise, and maintainable software.
- About You
- • BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent work experience
- • Minimum 5 years of web development and integration experience
- • Demonstrated professional development experience developing and consuming APIs and web services
- • Practical knowledge of software development lifecycle
- • Platform: Docker, CI/CD, Jenkins, GitHub
- Desirable Skills
- • Experience in Digital Marketing / Online advertising (SEO/SEM) an advantage
- • Jira, Confluence or equivalent Agile tools
- • Developing and deploying applications hosted in Google Cloud, AWS or similar cloud environments
- • Eager attitude ready to solve challenges on a daily basis
- • Curious and motivated by new concepts and ideas
- • Driven to accomplish goals, setting trends and obliterating the agenda
Back to top