Montreal, QC, Canada Req #6282
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
SweetIQ delivers industry leading location-based marketing analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQ location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and small/medium sized business resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is offered by ReachLocal, a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
What the job is about:
- You will be a key player in the development of backend and frontend functionality.
- Your daily work will consist of building UI components, API interfaces, database queries and create automated tests.
- Reporting to SweetIQ's Software Developer Lead, you will play the role of a Software Developer in a fast-paced environment filled with passionate Developers, Product Owners and Designers sharing a common goal: to create the best digital marketing products out there.
What you need to know
- Knowledge in writing API endpoints in Nodejs using Express, Koa or similar
- Experience consuming third-party APIs and micro services
- Hands-on experience with at least one front-end framework such as Vue, Polymer, React and/or Angular
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
It would be great if you are familiar with:
- Docker and containerization of services, Kubernetes
- Cloud Services (AWS, GCP)
- Messaging system ex: RabbitMQ / PubSub
- Continuous integration (CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Project Logging / Tracing / Performance Monitoring
- Elasticsearch, NewRelic, Prometheus or Graphite
- Microservices architecture
- Elixir, Erlang and/or Golang
- MongoDB, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Writing unit tests
- Continuous integration concepts and tools
- Agile/Lean software development methodologies
What you will do:
- Contribute to product development through coding, unit testing and documentation
- Maintain and upgrade components of our stack
- Ensure the efficiency, consistency, and accuracy of components, including writing automated tests, ensuring code coverage and building functionality with a high-quality mindset
- Actively participate in code review / pull requests
- Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, demos, etc.)
What you need to have
- 1+ years of experience as a Software Developer
- Computer Science / Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Autonomous, very dynamic, capable of handling working in a very fast-paced environment
- Solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Can communicate clearly and accurately in English with people from various cultural and technical backgrounds. Command of French is an asset.
What SweetIQ Offers:
We love collaboration, desire and commitment - so we've built our team that way.
The number one benefit to working here is working with passionate people who love what they do and love getting the job done.
Here's what else we've got going on:
- Comprehensive group insurance benefits
- Great downtown location (including Indoor Bicycle Parking)
- Young, dynamic work environment with mentoring and plenty of growth opportunities
- Caffeine on the tap with fruit baskets and snacks
- Innovation week - an opportunity to work on fun special projects every quarter
- Access to free yoga classes and discounts at YMCA and Energy Cardio
- Company activities such as softball, yoga, summer BBQ, running club just to name a few!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top