Virtual Req #19696
Friday, November 12, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Social Media Digital Producer
The USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and driven social media video producer to assist in our efforts around revenue and audience growth on our USA TODAY Sports social channels, with a specific focus on YouTube.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of programming and growing existing channels for a sports media brand, while also being capable of creating new content strategies that drive us towards our goals. This person will be expected to know the ins-and-outs of YouTube's algorithm and monetization engine and have experience pulling insights from quantitative data in the dashboard.
They should approach the social video strategy with a strategic eye and a business focus - ready to collaborate across our Editorial, Social, Video and Sales teams to have the greatest impact. They should have a deep understanding of the world of sports news and video production - and how trending topics and content calendars will impact social strategies. This role will also focus on growing audience for our USA TODAY Sports YouTube shows like Sports Seriously and Special Delivery, so will need knowledge of content across several verticals.
Ready to jump in at every level of the YouTube funnel, this person will strategize, optimize, program and craft reports to keep senior level team members up to date on our ongoing performance.
While YouTube will be a large focus, this person will work with internal and external stakeholders across other social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and Snapchat.
This role will be a remote, temporary position.
Our USA TODAY Studios creates digitally focused video content across all content verticals, length and audience segments. Our content is distributed across our 100+ digital sites, news partners and social platforms, with nearly 43.K subscribers on our USA TODAY Sports YouTube channel. USA TODAY Studios library of franchises garnered nearly 3 billion views in 2020.
With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
This is a Temporary 6-month position with the opportunity to potentially extend for another 6 months.
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of our content and distribution strategy across USA TODAY Sports YouTube channel, including posting, scheduling, strategizing, reporting and all audience engagement efforts.
- Work closely with the Digital Distribution and Video teams to optimize content for social platforms like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Snapchat and create promotional plans for our original series.
- Identify creative opportunities to create social-forward content that will excite and engage our fans and grow our subscriber base.
- Assist with managing our overall content and distribution strategy for YouTube and help formulate tactical recommendations based on performance.
- Review and optimize existing social efforts around video on all social platforms.
- Execute audience engagement and growth strategies across YouTube, including but not limited to posting supplemental content, responding to audience comments, creating pinned comments, etc.
- Assist in reporting on video performance and content trends.
- Study competitor strategies, industry trends, and new product features to ensure USA TODAY Sports stays ahead of the curve.
- Assist our Sports Media Group team with audience development, content strategy and channel management as needed.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of social video management experience, ideally managing and optimizing the YouTube channel of a well-known sports or media brand.
- 2+ years at a media or sports company developing and executing social media strategy.
- Strong knowledge of video and SEO best practices on social platforms.
- Experience with YouTube Creator Studio and other third-party data reporting tools.
- Familiarity with internet trends, lingo and nuances of communicating online.
- Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines.
- A love and passion for video programming.
- Team player who can work across teams to create a plan of action that works to achieve various goal sets.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
1. Your resume.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 3-5 online samples of social media graphics, audience engagement projects or other digital storytelling you've worked on. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.