Social Content Coach
Cincinnati, OH, USA Req #4980
Monday, December 17, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Join the Cincinnati Enquirer as Social Content Coach!
The Social Content Coach oversees content creation for social media audiences while helping grow our footprint on third party platforms. This person has a strong understanding of what readers expect from us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more and is an expert on how that information should be delivered. They utilize a wide variety of tools, from text and video to interactive graphics and Facebook Live, and will teach other team members best practices. They have strong management and team-building skills and can work across departments and disciplines. The position requires creativity, excellent communication skills, fast thinking and the ability to execute plans quickly.
• Develops strategies and tactics for reaching audiences across a wide variety of platforms.
• Helps develop a daily online budget with an eye toward what people are, or will be, talking about on social media.
• Assists with long-term planning and developing social plans for enterprise content.
• Researches, develops and deploys new storytelling tools and methods.
• Coaches staff on new tools and methods for digital display.
• Supervises the team responsible for managing our core digital products.
• Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
• Or college degree in a related field
• Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred.
• 2-5 years working in digital journalism
• Experience with social media, online metrics, third party tools, and content management systems
• Exceptional core journalism skills
• Deep understanding of journalism ethics.
• Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers' time and money.
• Self-motivation and self-direction.
• Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
• Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
• Knows how to use time effectively in an always-on workday.
• Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
• Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training.
• Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals.
• Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style.
• Experience in meeting digital goals
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top