Shipping Receiving Clerk
- Auburn, MA
Auburn, MA, USA Req #14624
Monday, March 29, 2021
Shipping Receiving Clerk
Gannett Publishing Services
The Shipping Receiving Clerk is assigned to perform warehouse and/or production support operational functions to support efficient production operations to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
May support all warehouse and production material handling support functions, activities and resources to achieve operational goals.
Warehouse/Material Handling Tasks
Comply with all facility material handling Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.s)
Gather samples, weigh and log incoming preprints according to receiving policies and procedures.
Comply with pre-print security policies and procedures.
• First-in/First-out unloading of trucks delivering preprints.
• Communicate with Packaging Coordinator to verify receiving preprints and support needs
• Set up and basic operation of dock doors and fixtures; forklifts, pallet jacks, compactors, and scales.
- Load, unload, inspect and stage newsprint, preprints, supplies and other materials
- Document and report all preprint transit or handling damage to packaging management
- Document and report all newsprint roll transit or handling damage to press management
- Record preprints in the MiraPkg system and barcode products in correct locations
- Provide excellent customer service including routing phone calls and replying to phone requests regarding preprints.
This position will be a floating position and you will be asked to a variety of Mailroom tasks.
• Assist with pallet organization, with inventory, reports & web portal data entry as required.
• Assist with the VideoJet and Mail Operation.
• General warehouse maintenance including, sweeping floors, pallet organization, and materials disposal.
• Provide timely and accurate reports and information to the operations team and warehouse management
• Immediately report equipment issues to management
• Communicate scheduling needs to management and supervisors
• Communicate Preprint issues to Packaging Manager
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Prior warehouse experience preferred
• Previous print operation or industrial material handling support experience.
• Minimum two years of experience operating similar equipment.
• Good PC Skills including Microsoft Office: Email, Excel, Word, warehouse inventory software
• OSHA approved forklift/clamp truck operator training.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top