Senior Video Producer - Politics, Washington, D.C.
- Washington, DC
Washington, DC, USA Req #13035
Monday, December 28, 2020
USA TODAY is looking for a versatile Senior Video Producer - Politics, based at our bureau in Washington, D.C., a journalist comfortable producing in both studio and field environments. The ideal candidate will be an experienced visual journalist who demonstrates excellent storytelling, news judgement, and production skills working within a multimedia, multiplatform newsroom environment.
Experience working in a news organization along with a passion for visual journalism is mandatory. The Senior Video Producer will work closely with D.C. bureau staff and should be on top of current news events, with a strong working knowledge and experience covering U.S. politics.
The Senior Video Producer - Politics is a creative, passionate storyteller with a sharp attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Producer is digitally savvy and is comfortable crafting stories ranging from news-driven features to socially-fueled segments and everything in between. The ideal candidate is adept as a multimedia ninja, highly capable as a videographer, editor, photographer, and producer, all while operating at the highest ethical standards of video and photojournalism.
This person will write, edit, and produce content; field and assess pitches; and stay ahead of industry trends. She/he will be responsible for regularly tracking video performance on a daily basis using Google analytic tools and use this data to make informed decisions to about format, approach and promotion of content.
The Senior Video Producer - Politics will be a hands-on leader and excellent communicator, with the ability to interface with editors, producers, journalists across the company. She/he will work collaboratively with editors in USA TODAY's Washington, D.C. bureau, and remotely with editors at headquarters in Tysons Corner, Va., Video Production Center in Atlanta, editors in our NYC, Los Angeles and San Francisco bureaus, and in coordination with other USA TODAY NETWORK properties across the country.
- The ideal candidate will be interested in all forms of visual journalism- from video and photography to motion graphics.
- We know there are great candidates who won't fit every single item described above and may have important skills that we hadn't even thought of. If that's you, apply and explain how your skills can surprise and delight us in this role.
Any application must include cover letter, resume, and links to a multimedia portfolio.
This position is based at USA TODAY's bureau in Washington, D.C.
This role requires a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
- Editing original video and photo content using the Adobe Creative Suite and PhotoMechanic, experience with After Effects is strongly preferred
- Finding and pitching unique story ideas; writing and editing scripts.
- Coordinate live and on demand video coverage with National Desk Managers and leadership of the USA TODAY NETWORK.
- Experience with HDSLR and conventional HD ENG video systems, production switchers like Tricaster and BlackMagic, video encoding systems such as Teradek, virtual switching systems like StreamYard.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-camera interviews and strong lighting skills, both in studio and remote environments.
- Demonstrated experience producing celebrity and high-profile field interviews.
- Working knowledge of the best types of videos for variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok.
- Works collaboratively with a passionate and highly motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Resume - one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job. - Tell us what makes your work stand out.
3. Online links to your portfolio.
It is important that these items be assembled in a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top