Senior Software Engineer
- Milwaukee, WI
- Rochester, NY
- New York, NY
- Tucson, AZ
- Flexible / Remote
- Nashville, TN
- Memphis, TN
- Fort Myers, FL
- Manhattan, NY
- Springfield, MO
- McLean, VA
- Woodland Hills, CA
- Asbury Park, NJ
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA • Virtual Req #14525
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Senior Software Engineer
As a full stack software engineer, you will be responsible for engineering and supporting software systems end-to-end, from excellent user experiences to full back-end services. You will need to be able to grasp both product and technical requirements and have the ability to translate them into working applications and functionality across our platform. You will participate in all phases of the fulfillment cycle: from product definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing. You will work collaboratively with other team members using Agile methodologies overseeing all technical aspects of the process from inception to launch.
We are a fast-paced engineering team working to build the next generation of Digital Marketing management systems partnering with Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook and Snap. If you are profoundly technical, analytical, and eager to build solutions that directly impact the company's core values, we want to talk to you!
About Your Responsibilities:
• Create scalable, fault tolerant, anti-fragile web services.
• Develop new versioned APIs that will be used to consume other APIs
• Ensure that all developed services are extensively tested and documented for external consumption.
• Consistently follow and continue to help improve our engineering processes, including code reviews, deployment, and issue tracking
• Integrate internal as well as third-party web services and components
• Work closely with product owners, tech leads, quality assurance and direct management to elaborate and define requirements, priorities and estimate timelines.
• Work with other team members to define service APIs.
• Quickly develop executable prototypes and iterate on ideas.
• Tenaciously follow technology advancements relevant to our customers and propose integration and use.
• 5+ years experience with RESTful Web Services
• 5+ years Java development experience in a high traffic enterprise setting
• 2 years of experience working within a Unix-based operating system
• Hands-on knowledge of Spring and persistence frameworks
• Able to design and implement container based APIs using container frameworks like Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience with automated testing frameworks and TDD
• Understanding of cloud infrastructure such as GCP, AWS or other cloud environments
• Experience with RDBMS concepts and SQL as well as NoSQL databases
• Experience working with Git/GitHub
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic work environment
• Ability to work well with rapid deployment cycles and tight deadlines
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent work experience
• Experience in Digital Marketing / Online advertising (SEO/SEM) an advantage
• Familiar with Agile / Scrum methodologies and principles
• Eager attitude ready to solve challenges on a daily basis
• Comfortable working as part of a cohesive team, but self-motivated
• Curious and motivated by new concepts and ideas
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top