United States • Virtual Req #19377
Friday, April 8, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop scalable, performant,
and robust software using modern design patterns and web technologies to integrate
internal as well as third-party web services and components. You will work closely with
the Product and Development teams as part of an Agile Development process. You will
need to be able to grasp both product and technical requirements and utilize your abilities to translate them into working applications and functionality across our platform. You will participate in all phases of the fulfillment cycle: from product definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing.
About Your Responsibilities:
• Consistently follow and continue to help improve our engineering processes, including code reviews, deployment, and issue tracking
• Document solutions to institutionalize knowledge for the development, operational, support, and end user communities
• Ensure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code that results in clean, concise, and maintainable software.
• Analyze, design, and coordinate the development of back-end services, including downstream services utilizing a variety of technologies.
• Act as a mentor in a collaborative environment
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years of web development and integration experience
• Platform: Docker, CI/CD, GitHub
• Demonstrated professional development experience developing and consuming APIs and web services
• Comfortable working in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source control, and a dev/staging/prod release cycle
• Experience with the following technologies: Golang, Kinesis Streams, AWS Lambdas, Google Pub/Sub, or terraform is a plus.
• Experience in Digital Marketing / Online advertising (SEO/SEM) an advantage
• Jira, Confluence, or equivalent Agile tools
• Developing and deploying applications hosted in Google Cloud, AWS, or similar cloud environments
• Eager attitude ready to solve challenges daily
• Curious and motivated by new concepts and ideas
• Driven to accomplish goals, setting trends, and obliterating the agenda
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
United States • Virtual Req #19377
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at USA TODAY NETWORK.