Senior Software Developer in Test
Montreal, QC, Canada Req #6264
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
SweetIQ delivers industry leading location-based marketing analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQ location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and small/medium sized business resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is offered by ReachLocal, a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
What the job is about:
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer in Test to join our Test Team.
We need a great programmer who will use her/his skills to architecture and implement tests and our test infrastructure.
You have advanced knowledge of test methodologies and great analytical and problem-solving skills. You have thorough knowledge of different functional and non-functional test types and have implemented related test strategies in the context of continuous testing. You will have leadership qualities, share your experience and knowledge and mentor more junior members of the team.
What you will do:
• Have a thorough knowledge of our platform architecture
• Propose testing strategies, and work with others to implement those strategies
• Show innovation in proposing test infrastructures, methodologies and tools
• Use existing or build and maintain test infrastructures and tools
• Report bugs with quality descriptions, working closely with development teams to see through and verify fixes
• Hold great knowledge of products and work closely with development and product teams
• Work with internal customers to analyze products risks, and to gather feedback on quality
• Mentor junior and intermediate members of the team
Experience and requirements
What you need to have:
• 7+ years of software development, whilst involved with testing
• Advanced knowledge of test types and methodologies
• Fantastic problem-solving and analytical skills
• Innovative, a self-starter
• A team player
• Fluent in English, and ideally in French
What SweetIQ Offers:
We love collaboration, desire and commitment - so we've built our team that way. The number one benefit to working here is working with passionate people who love what they do and love getting the job done.
Here's what else we've got going on:
• Comprehensive group insurance benefits
• Great downtown location
• Dynamic work environment with mentoring and plenty of growth opportunities
• Caffeine on the tap with fruit baskets and snacks
• Innovation week - an opportunity to work on fun special projects every quarter
• Access to free yoga classes and discounts at YMCA and Energy Cardio
• Company activities such as softball, yoga, summer BBQ, running club just to name a few!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top