Senior QA Engineer
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. We reach over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post, and have local brands present in 110 U.S. markets. We have a loyal following based on a combination of trusted, fact-checked journalism, innovative products, a deep commitment to our local communities, and our constantly iterating our products to be on the leading edge of media and technology.
Explore the possibilities at Gannett as QA Tester. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever they need us.
Highly motivated and skilled QA tester who loves solving complex problems, creating test cases and scenarios on business requirements and works well with business analysts, developers and end users to drive requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Plan and coordinate testing efforts that may involve multiple systems and QA resources
- Create, execute, and maintain detailed test plans and test cases
- Review design documents to ensure expectations are clear and testable
- Work with project leads and management to ensure items delivered by development satisfy business needs
- Accurately assess risk level of proposed changes, and calibrate testing approach based on risk level
- Validate, document, and assess impact and root cause of reported bugs
- Experience testing web services and web applications.
- Deep understanding of software testing methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of programming, code, and logic.
- Experience working in a SCRUM/Agile environment.
- Experience working in Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with Web application automation tools like Selenium.
- Experience with open source automation frameworks like Open2Test.
- Experience with Subversion and XPATH.
- Advanced SQL querying skills.
- Ruby scripting.
- Experience working with continuous integration tools like Chef and Ansible.
- Experience working with AWs and cloud-based services is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ Years' professional experience in a QA role.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top