Senior Project Manager
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for improving the speed and accuracy of Commerce Solutions implementations by training/mentoring project managers in the use of standard project management tools and practices. This person will also be assisting in maintaining accountability for established standards and practices across Commerce Solutions, managing Programs or enterprise level projects on time and under budget, and assist in establishing standard project management tools and practices.
- Improve implementation speed and accuracy of Commerce Solutions implementations by training project managers in the use of and ensuring adherence to industry standard project management tools and practices.
- Provide project management support as needed to project managers and teams.
- Lead or participate in managing Program or enterprise level scale projects to deliver those projects or programs on time and under budget
- Assist the PMO in establishing standard project management tools and practices and monitoring compliance.Operate as part of a team; provide helpful feedback and guidance to team members; review output with manager and team members.Other duties as assigned.
- Establish industry standard project management tools and practices across all Commerce Solutions implementation projects in B2B, B2C, and Finance and ensure adherence to standards.
- Train project managers in the use of and ensure adherence to industry standard project management tools and practices.
- Provide project management support and advice to project managers and teams
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- PMP Certification desired
- CAPM Certification helpful
- Seven to ten years of project management experience at increased levels of complexity and responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in training others in Project Management skills
- Knowledge of issue tracking systems such as Jira, ServiceNow, and Project Management software
- Highly skilled and experienced individual contributor.
- Applies in-depth subject knowledge to solve complex problems that affect success of operations or function.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Works autonomously; escalates when necessary.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other team members.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of PC's and/or Macintosh's as well as common office software applications
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top