Senior Product Manager – API
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Gannett is a next-generation media company, with a national network that attracts more than 125 million monthly unique visitors. We're expanding our digital product leadership team to attract key audiences, build enduring relationships with them, and better connect people to their communities.
The Senior Product Manager will guide the strategic vision and oversight of USA TODAY NETWORK's API evolution. This role will work closely with our engineering to build a best-in-class API service tier that will serve as the foundation for our internal platform and external partnerships.
You will serve as the owner of our APIs with a strong focus on customer success. These customers include Authoring tools, content ingestion services, front-end consuming applications and external partners. Your success will be measured by product-specific KPIs that you will develop and optimize overtime (e.g. evolved ability for syndication partners to have detailed queries of our content corpus).
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and has managed an API ecosystem at an enterprise level. Exposure and working knowledge of modern API architecture a huge plus.
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for overseeing the roadmap, refinement and evolution of our APIs as a product. S/he will be tasked with growing and maturing our application layer and data schemas to solve problems and deliver value for our various business owners.
The role will take end-to-end ownership, collaborating with various teams, including product development, project management, design, operations, editorial, business development and external partners.
- Owning the API tier for USA TODAY NETWORK. This includes the comprehensive and enforced data schema for our content.
- Maintain a complex set of business rules to inform data schema and architecture
- Develop, through stakeholder collaboration, a cohesive vision for our APIs, including conceptualization, ideation, opportunity assessment and prioritization. Provide higher-level perspective on product lifecycle, informed by continuing knowledge of evolving industry trends and innovation, and understanding of business goals.
- Direct product process, including maintaining a living roadmap developing iterative product requirements and KPIs, defining needed resources and fully deploying the products across the USA TODAY NETWORK and other distribution channels.
- Maintain a deep relationship with our syndication clients and off-platform to allow for new ways for them to consume our content, including OTT.
- Partner with our Authoring product group to define a powerful efficient workflow for data excellence.
- Proven ability to stay up-to-date and knowledgeable about the latest trends, innovations, and best practices in the space (e.g. GraphQL)
- Adept at moving between day-to-day tactics and long-term vision
- Ability to set aggressive goals and objectives, bring multiple parties together, and drive a cross-functional team to deliver achieve results
- Analytical and strategic approach to problem solving
- Able to accurately handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work well independently and as a member of a larger team
- Exceptional collaborator and communicator who earns broad respect and support
- Able to be a catalyst for change in the organization
- Decisive with a bias towards action
- 6+ years experience developing and managing consumer products
- Productivity software and analytics tools
- Deep knowledge of API web service tiers
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top