Senior Product Designer
Montreal, QC, Canada Req #7210
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
SweetIQ delivers industry-leading, location-based digital marketing, software analytics, and automation solutions. Our location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is offered by ReachLocal, a subsidiary of USA TODAY NETWORK.
Design and user experience (UX) is at the heart of SweetIQ's culture. Through research and empathy, Product Designers craft experiences that connect our users with our product and enables them to have a better life at work and to reach their goals. The Product Designers will work on designing SaaS based products, for both external and internal user. You will draw upon your full range of design skills, including UX research, product and interaction design. We like to work on tools such as Sketch, and Adobe CC suite. We believe in collaboration, research, test and try, and in giving our designers the room to experiment and grow.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You are passionate about the practice of UX, you are curious about people, you always want to learn more and you want to share your knowledge.
- You are passionate about solving problems. You are excited about understanding the complexities to make them simpler and more approachable. You think every problem has a simple solution.
- You can work with a list of requirements and constraints.
- You lead your projects from start to finish, working collaboratively with product management, engineering teams and the rest of the company.
- You dig deeper to understand the user needs behind requests. You are able to identify areas of uncertainty on a project, and organize and manage your time.
- You are able to determine when UX research is necessary to guide design direction and conduct it.
- You have strong communication, presentation, and design judgement skills.
- You always strive for continual innovation, challenge the status quo, consider the present and future.
- You are humble and open minded - a critical thinker and a collaborative teammate.
- You have excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills. You should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions based on workshops, research and analysis you conducted, for both internal and external users
- Identify UX problems and design solutions
- Ground design decisions in analytics and other user data
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups for a strong and intuitive product experience
- Produce visual components ready for developer integration and scalability. Provide context, documentation and UX requirements to guide them.
- Present your designs and manage stakholder expectations.
- Working with Lead Designers, Graphic Designers, UI designers and UX Researchers to develop our team, our company culture, branding, and our products.
- You have 5+ years of product design experience related to consumer apps.
- Extensive experience with Sketch, InVision and Adobe CC, Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft suite
- Strong collaboration skills
NICE TO HAVE:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- French and English speaking
- Experience working within development teams using agile development methodologies
- Good at giving short & interesting presentations
Please include URLs for an online portfolio featuring examples of product design work in addition to your resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
What SweetIQ Offers:
We love collaboration, desire and commitment - so we've built our team that way. The number one benefit to working here is working with people that love what they do and love getting the job done. Here's what else we've got going on:
- Comprehensive group insurance benefits
- Great downtown location
- Dynamic work environment with mentoring and plenty of internal growth opportunity
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
- Company activities such as softball, yoga, summer BBQ, running club just to name a few!
Back to top