Senior Manager, USA TODAY Golf and Golfweek
- New York, NY
New York, NY, USA Req #17977
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Senior Manager, USA TODAY Golf and Golfweek
USA TODAY Sports Media Group
USA TODAY Sports Media Group is seeking a Senior Manager to drive sales for our Digital Golf Platform which is anchored by Golfweek.com. The position reports to the Publisher of Golfweek/VP of Revenue. This role requires travel and may involve nights and weekends.
• Drive digital revenue for Golfweek and other USA TODAY Sports Media Group sites selling our golf platform that reaches two-thirds of golfers in the United States
• Call on media agencies, sports marketing agencies and brands to build a pipeline of luxury consumer brands and B2B companies that target relevant golf audiences, affluent individuals and the C-Suite
• Work closely with the USA TODAY National Sales Team to leverage their relationships with media agencies and brands to drive golf conversations and uncover new partnership opportunities
• Collaborate and coordinate with existing Golfweek Sales Team to pursue new revenue opportunities
• Leverage Local IQ, a Gannett-owned direct marketing solutions platform specializing in paid search and social campaign management for small businesses, upselling these services to existing and new golf clients
• Partner closely with Golfweek/USA TODAY Product and Editorial Teams to ensure the seamless executions and delivery of campaigns to maximize revenue opportunities
• Effectively communicate and build Golfweek and USA TODAY Sports Golf brand strength and credibility in the marketplace.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience working with sports-related sports marketing agencies, clients, leagues and/or integrated media sales.
• Strategic and creative thinker who can build and further develop opportunities that optimize Golfweek and USA TODAY Golf assets.
• Must have proven success for creating and successfully selling comprehensive programs from ideation to completion.
• Relationships with companies that are aligned with the PGA TOUR, LPGA, PGA of America, a plus.
• Team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment where client satisfaction is critical.
• Strong understanding of digital media including paid search and social.
• Strong presentation and communications skills.
• Solid business ethics and integrity a must.
• Advanced computer skills (Excel/Word/PPT), writing skills, email etiquette and telephone communication.
• College degree with a concentration in Sports Marketing (media background a plus).
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Back to top