McLean, VA, USA • New York, NY, USA • Virtual Req #20327
Monday, January 3, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Gannett | USA Today Network is looking for an individual who wants to join Gannett's PMO/Strategy and Operations team. The team manages the process through which Gannett sets its long-term strategic direction and figures out how to get there. Our aim is to create the optimal operating model for balancing creativity and innovation with speedy and focused execution.
You will help create tools and context to help people in the organization do more of the right things better and faster. Your work will involve designing, managing and constantly improving our framework to help stakeholders understand Gannett's mission, vision and objectives, and how their work fits into those models.
What you will do:
- Identify, prioritize and lead continuous improvement on our strategic planning and our execution model.
- Translate business requirements into operational plans, furthering our mission of supporting the Gannett organization at large.
- Lead diverse, highly visible initiatives, programs and plans across Gannett.
- Proactively identify potential risks or issues within cross-functional teams and drive communication and mitigation efforts with internal stakeholders during projects.
- Continually assess Gannett's most important strategic and operational challenges to improve our understanding of the way things work at Gannett in a data-driven, analytical manner.
- Work with near-term priorities to support our program managers in their work leading and executing on our initiatives.
- Be a spokesperson for the team to foster communication and collaboration between our team and other functional teams, program leaders and our senior leadership.
- Act as a strong communicator and trainer of the ongoing Gannett strategic process and the different elements within it.
- Build and nurture strong networks within Gannett to make our operations world-class.
- Cultivate a safe and positive environment for our team through effective prioritization, team advocacy, thought leadership and empathy.
- Structure, develop and communicate data-driven, insightful, and compelling theories, hypotheses, tests and recommendations for improving operational issues at the company with senior stakeholders at Gannett.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in strategic operations
- Data-driven with experience monitoring and managing key performance metrics across a variety of tools such as Excel, JIRA, or specialty product management software
- A passionate problem solver with an agile mindset who has a track record of creating environments that help people do meaningful work
- A confident and clear communicator to your team members and stakeholders across the organization, who is comfortable partnering with individual contributors, vendors and C-level executives
- Able to prioritize regularly and work iteratively to maximize positive organizational impact
- Possesses demonstrable experience of working on critical, highly visible projects and thriving even when given a short timeline
- Passionate about operational efficiency
- Someone who "works out loud", making your work-in-progress visible and receptive to constant feedback
- A curious person who is actively seeking inspiration and engaging in discussion on new operational and organizational theories, technologies and business challenges