Senior Manager of Accounting
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA Req #8206
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
SENIOR MANAGER of Accounting
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review/prepare monthly accruals and allocations.
- Review GL activities for proper accounting.
- Review/approve journal entries and analysis prepared, including balance sheet reconciliations to ensure proper accounting of GL transactions
- Prepare/review management financial packages. Support analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of the financial systems and general ledger structure.
- Works with operations to ensure business activity is recorded accurately and timely.
- Manage the NA month end close process including the timely preparation and booking of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Comply with monthly and quarterly Inter company reporting requirements.
- Review Intercompany transactions/recharges and reconciliations
- Prepare and/or review management reports related to Intercompany accounts
- Monitor the Intercompany clearing account balances and report issues if any. Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders to resolve the differences
- Investigate and resolve imbalances between the entities
- Review, validate, and approve NA revenue
- Process and review accounting entries for subsidiary companies and international territories
- Assist with developing manuals and cohesive process documentation for the Accounting department
- Work load distribution and review of work performed for quality and accuracy
- Guidance and training on accounting and system procedures
- Perform annual reviews
- Identifies process and internal control weaknesses and work with controller to develop and implement solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Mentor, coach, and provide timely feedback to staff within their scope of supervision.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required. CPA, CMA, MBA, Masters or similar required.
- Minimum of 7 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience including at least 5 years as an Accounting Manager or Supervisor.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and general ledger accounting
- Posses the ability to perform technical accounting research
- High level of attention to detail
- Excel Skills to be at advanced level
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, with good organizational skills
- Self-motivated, with high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top