Senior Full-Stack Developer
McLean, VA, USA, Virtual Req #4735
Thursday, January 3, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Senior Full-Stack Developer
As a Senior Developer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze design, and coordinate the development of a world-class content management system using modern web technologies.
- Build downstream APIs including hands on implementation, testing, review, and documentation
- Work with stakeholders during the requirement gathering and acceptance testing process
- Troubleshoot operations issues as required
- Integrate internal as well as third-party web services and components
- Consistently follow and continue to help improve our processes including source. control, deployment and issue tracking
- Document solutions to institutionalize knowledge for the development, operational, support, and end user communities
A Senior Developer is expected to work effectively as an autonomous member of our team. As such we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years web development and integration experience
- Experience migrating from Angular 1 to Angular 1+ is a plus.
- Experience working with Rest APIs, NoSQL Databases and Messaging Queue Systems.
- Demonstrated professional development experience developing and consuming APIs and web services
- Experience with data driven systems with a solid understanding of database structures, queries and search
- Experience debugging and analyzing issues in a complex, service orientated environment
- Practical knowledge of software development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree expected in a technical discipline, but compensating experience may be considered.
We'd be delighted if you also had experience with any of the following:
- JIRA and Confluence
- Build automation
- Automated test tools
- Developing and deploying applications hosted in AWS or similar cloud environments
- Working with and developing for media related web sites
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven D.Account Executive
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top