Senior Full Stack Software Developer
Montreal, QC, Canada Req #7834
Monday, April 22, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
SweetIQdelivers industry leading location-based marketing analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQlocation and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and small/medium sized business resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is offered by ReachLocal, a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
Position description- What the job is about:
Reporting to SweetIQ's Software Developer Lead, you will play the role of a Senior Software Developer in a fast-paced environment filled with passionate Developers, Product Owners and Designers sharing a common goal: to create the best digital marketing products out there!
You will be a key player in the development of backend and frontend functionality. Your daily work will consist of building UI components, API interfaces, database queries and create automated tests, as well as mentoring other Team members.
Requirements- What you need to have:
7+ years of experience as a Software Developer
Computer Science / Software Engineering degree or equivalent
Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
Autonomous, very dynamic, capable of handling working in a very fast-paced environment
Solution-oriented approach to problem solving
Can communicate clearly and accurately in English with people from various cultural and technical backgrounds. Command of French is an asset.
Technical Skills- What you need to know:
- Experience writing API endpoints in Nodejs using Express, Koa or similar
- Experience consuming third party APIs and micro services
- Hands-on experience with at least one front-end framework such as Vue, Polymer, React and/or Angular
- Git expert, knowledgeable about Github and the pull request/merge process
- Good familiarity with MongoDB, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Well-versed at writing unit tests and familiar with continuous integration concepts and tools
- Experience using techniques that enable team code ownership (test-driven development, literate code, code reviews, pair programming)
- Proficient with Agile/Lean software development methodologies
It would be great if you are familiar with:
- Docker and containerization of services, Kubernetes
- Cloud Services (AWS, GCP)
- Messaging system ex: RabbitMQ / PubSub
- Continuous integration (CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Project Logging / Tracing / Performance Monitoring
- Elasticsearch, NewRelic, Prometheus or Graphite
- Microservices architecture
- Elixir, Erlang and/or Golang
Responsibilities- What you will do:
- Convert business requirements into working solutions
- Contribute to product development through coding, unit testing and documentation
- Scale, manage, maintain and upgrade the specific components of our stack
- Ensure the efficiency, consistency, and accuracy of components, including writing automated tests, ensuring code coverage and building functionality with a high-quality mindset
- Identify and drive opportunities to refactor and optimize the performance, availability, reliability, and security of our systems
- Actively participate in code review / pull requests
- Coach and mentor other developers
- Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, demos, etc.)
What SweetIQ Offers:
We love collaboration, desire and commitment - so we've built our teams that way!
The number one SweetIQ benefit is collaborating with passionate people who love what they do and love getting the job done. We foster a dynamic and empowering work environment - with mentoring, plenty of growth opportunities, and where a culture of diversity and inclusion are promoted.Our quarterly innovation week expands you out of "work mode" with fun, creative side projects to keep the juices flowing!
Here's are some other great things we've got going on:
- Great downtown location - straight to train or metro!
- And if you prefer to travel, on wheels instead of rails - we have indoor bike parking as well!
- Subsidized Public Transportation (STM and RTM).
- Wellness incentives - including $420 of fitness allowance yearly, massage therapy, and more!
- Access to free yoga classes and discounts at YMCA and Energy Cardio.
- Caffeine on tap (almond milk too!), fresh fruit baskets, healthy snacks and more.
- Company activities such as softball, onsite bi-weekly yoga, and running club - just to name a few!
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top