Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
- McLean, VA
McLean, VA, USA Req #10071
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Are you a Financial Analyst or Sr. Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst looking for an exciting opportunity? Come join Gannett/USA TODAY Network, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Director of FP&A, and have responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, flashing and other analytical processes.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis
- Review departmental revenue and expenses data and provide variance analysis monthly, quarterly and annually
- Evaluate current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Improve performance by evaluating business processes to drive efficiencies
- Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes
- Assist in preparing presentations to the leadership team.
- We are looking for you to apply fundamental fiscal concepts, prepare written and oral budgetary recommendations for implementation in department budgets.
- You will also assist departmental management staff and other members of the team in technical budgetary matters during budget hearings, finance meetings, and in the general preparation and administration of the budget.
- Prepare short and long-range projections utilizing forecasting and financial analytic techniques to assess the impact of budget changes utilizing current organization-wide and/or department specific software.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Finance or Accounting field.
- 1-5+ years of full-time work experience in financial analysis, financial planning and analysis, systems analysis, or related area.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- High-level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize, interpret and analyze large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment, with the ability to initiate improvements in budgetary operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able prepare and present reports.
- Experience with financial systems is a plus
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top