Senior Financial Analyst
- Austin, TX
Austin, TX, USA ● Boston, MA, USA ● California, USA ● Chicago, IL, USA ● Dallas, TX, USA ● McLean, VA, USA ● Miami, FL, USA ● Michigan, USA ● New York, NY, USA ● Virtual Req #12523
Thursday, December 17, 2020
The Senior Analyst, Content (Analytics) is focused on strong analytical partnerships with Content leaders, has a passion for data and analytics, is responsible for assisting with accurate forecasting of the business, has a focal point around efficiencies & standardizations, and mentor's financial analysts. This position will also be the primary contact for Content leaders and will work with the finance team to meet the needs of the channel. The Senior Analysts may work on special projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as an analytical partner to Content Leadership of the Content channel
- Assists in supporting business partner to content and consumer leadership - Publisher of USA TODAY, VP of Local news, Regional Editors, VP of Content Ventures, and Design Studios.
- Perform monthly reporting, forecasting, and variance analysis through use of BPC and excel. With a focus on strong communication both written and verbal formats to financial and operational leaders.
- Assists in streamlining processes such as forecasting, budgeting, monthly financial reporting, business review decks, etc.
- Responsible for providing quality & accuracy of all content analysis performed in the Content channel
- Responsible for assisting in the creation, implementation, and continuous improvement of a standard reporting package for the channel leadership
- Assists in the yearly budget process as it relates to content revenue and expenses
- Conducts monthly calls with business leaders to review variance analysis. Prepare financial reports for each leader to identify trends, discuss forecast updates, and recommend solutions when appropriate.
- Proactive analysis for Manager & Content Leaders in channel based on available data
- Completes Ad Hoc requests in support of the content leadership when applicable
- Understanding of the key metrics report and drivers to provide insights to leaders
- Providing visualization of the data to content leaders to assist in understanding & decision making for the channel
- Provides understanding & updates around performance within channel
- Responds to requests made by the team in a timely manner with high quality and accuracy
- Special projects as needed
Required Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related business/analytics field
- Strong understanding modeling, revenues, and the ability to forecast accurately
- Financial analysis and planning prowess
- Passion for results
- Understands the importance of data driven decision making
- Customer/client orientation
- Strong communication at all levels
- Support multiple business units simultaneously
- Teamwork and team leadership
- Technical skills including Excel, Access, BPC/EPM, EDMS, Lawson
- 3+ years of progressive experience in finance or FP&A specific roles
Preferred Qualifications include:
- 4+ years of progressive experience in finance or FP&A specific roles with a shared service center environment
- Experience in building FP&A shared service center environments
- Proven track record with $100mil+ annual budget & forecasting responsibilities
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top