Senior Financial Accountant
Tallahassee, FL, USA Req #10394
Thursday, February 27, 2020
The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for providing relevant, accurate and timely financial analysis and guidance in support of the Financial Shared Services-Advertising leadership as well as our local business units. The Senior Financial Accountant provides direct support that includes but is not limited to, journal entries, monthly, quarterly, and year end closings, adherence to internal controls and other compliance related requirements, and customer service.The Senior Financial Accountant works closely with Finance leadership to develop budgets and forecasts, to complete monthly and quarterly reviews of actuals and to review trends and complete variance analyses of revenue and expenses.The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely analytical reports, communication of financial performance to members of the leadership team and delivering strong customer service to both the Finance leadership and the business units.
The Senior Financial Accountant will report into the Revenue Recognition Sr. Director and the role will be based out of Tallahassee, FL USA.
• Develops relationships and provides support to Finance Leadership and staff at business units.
• Assists with budgeting and forecasting.
• Performs detailed reviews of actual results and investigates variances to expected results and provides explanations.
• Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
• Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
• Assists with the development and implementation of standardized analytical tools and reporting as well as ad hoc reporting when needed.
• Works directly with Finance leadership to manage projects as assigned.
• Works to identify areas for improvement, form solutions, and implement process improvements.
• Financial analysis and compliance acumen
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Passion for results
• Customer/client orientation
• Strong communication at all levels
• Support multiple customers simultaneously
• Teamwork and team leadership
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Business degree (BS or MBA) with 5-10 years of accounting and financial analysis experience or comparable work experience
• Demonstrated customer service
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in a consolidated financial environment
• Big picture perspective and ability to manage vision but also the ability to perform the detailed assignments as needed
• Strong Excel skills
• Knowledge of BPC, EDMS (Publishing) an asset
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top