Senior District Manager
- Bloomington, IN
Bloomington, IN, USA Req #13014
Monday, December 28, 2020
Senior District Manager
Gannett Publishing Services
Position Title: Senior District Manager
Division: GPS-Great Lakes
Location: Bloomington, IN
FLSA Status: Exempt
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position's major responsibility is to manage all single copy operations for a large number of morning newspapers in this market as well as a small home delivery district, ensuring timely delivery, sales promotion and increased volume.
Position is also responsible for managing carrier contracts, distribution processes and field aspects of customer service operations to meet and exceed departmental circulation goals.
The core purpose of this position is to provide exemplary customer service that results in better retention of single copy locations. Position provides support to the marketing of the newspaper to aid in the acquisition, sales, and growth of single copy and home delivery circulation through independent contractors.
- Responsible for all single copy delivery ensuring on time service
- Responsible for increasing volume in single copy operation
- Responsible for timely completion of all assigned weekly and monthly reports and departmental paperwork
- Responsible for carrying out company policies and procedures
- Assist Distribution Director with department responsibilities
- Must be able to effectively relate to all levels of associates including management
- Any other duty or responsibility assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of single copy rates
- Knowledge of assigned geographical area and knowledge of all routes
- Must be able and available to work irregular hours including weekends and holidays to resolve problems as they arise
- Must be able to effectively deal with the public as well as other associates
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to deal with customers, stores and company staff
- Good organizational skills necessary to prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly schedules
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of computer programs and ability to use a computer
- Must have reliable transportation with proof of insurance
- Ability to operate an automobile with a valid driver's license
- Ability to read, speak and write in English
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma; some college preferred.
- Circulation Department experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience of at least one year preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work independently as
well as in a team.
- Basic knowledge and comfort using computers and Window-based
PC software programs required.
- Ability to carry out principal duties.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds, 100 times in a five-hour period
and be able to drive and move around comfortably in a van.
- 4AM - NOON; varied days including some weekends. .
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top