We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our newly-formed Product Analytics Team. The team will be developing tools and processes to support analytics integrations across Gannett's rapidly evolving suite of products.
In addition to developing solutions, the team will also maintain technical documentation and a suite of tests that monitor the integrity of Gannett's analytics data.
In this position, you'll work closely with information architects, product managers, business intelligence analysts, and fellow developers on enterprise solutions that will shape Gannett's future.
Who you are:
You're a detail-oriented person that desires to ship a professional product. You're able to see the big picture and design solutions that are scalable, maintainable, and easily extended to meet future needs. You have strong communication skills and are able to convey your ideas to technical and non-technical individuals alike. You're able to effectively manage your time, stay cognizant of deadlines, and ask for assistance when needed.
What you'll do:
On this team, you'll design and develop solutions that will be used across the platform. You'll participate in the peer review process, curate quality documentation, and assist others in developing better processes and coding practices.
You'll hate this job if:
- You can't teach. We expect our Senior Developers to be mentors and leaders within the team.
- It's your way or the highway. You'll be joining a team with a great deal of experience identifying what approaches are viable.
- You need to start from scratch. While we encourage you to develop innovative new approaches you'll also be asked to work in existing systems and conform to standards already established.
- You like to wing it and shun process.
- You're disorganized and can't self-motivate.
You'll love it if:
- You want to work on solutions that make a difference. Our platform is used by thousands of folks across the country to tell their stories, and the results are seen by more than 100 million users a month.
- You like collaborating with a team of intelligent individuals. We encourage all team members to share their knowledge.
- You love doing things the right way: documentation, unit tests, adhering to standards, peer reviews, QA testing, etc.
- You want to work in a friendly environment full of fun people. Working downtown Indianapolis, the team often heads out for lunch, happy hour, or upstairs to catch a movie.
- Have a proven track record developing web applications of the highest quality.
- Have experience with one or more common web application languages (Python, Golang, Java, PHP, etc.).
- Be familiar with version control principles, using APIs for data communication, web standards, continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Drone, etc.), and cloud hosting (Google Cloud, AWS, etc.).
- Have strong communication skills (written / verbal).
- Be intensely detail-oriented and organized.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top