Senior Developer - API Services (Remote)
- Pittsburg, KS
Virtual Req #11518
Friday, September 11, 2020
Join Gannett, a top global digital media and Fortune 500 company that reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of broadcast, mobile & publishing properties. Gannett Product Technology leads development and innovation around digital products across the company - our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever they need us. Explore the possibilities at Gannett as a Senior Developer in API Services.
The API Services team is responsible for engineering and delivering cutting-edge services to aide in content delivery to end customers. Our services support 553 news brands, and more than 1 billion requests a day.
The Senior Developer will play a key role in architecting, developing and maintaining backend APIs that support the content delivery systems that support internal customers as well as public consumer products. You will be expected to design and deliver large scale, fault tolerant and highly available architectures. Golang, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, and Terraform are a few of the technologies you will use to deliver these services.
If you have a passion for rapid API development, automation, learning, challenging and bettering your peers, and a strong desire to operate in a DevOps environment, you are a good fit for our team. We would love to talk to you!
- Design, develop, and deploy backend APIs in Golang that deliver content to our front-end teams.
- Review pull requests and use them as an opportunity to mentor other developers on the team.
- Participate in agile ceremonies and plan for sprints with a two-week cadence.
- Provide day to day operational support for our applications.
- Help establish, improve, and advocate best practices around our application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Automate everything:
- Assist in improving our on-boarding structure and documentation
- 50% - API Development
- 25% - Application Support
- 25% - Mentoring / Planning/ Documentation
- Google PubSub
- Google Datastore
- Engineer well-tested, performant applications with an emphasis on concurrency.
- Use and leverage Agile methodologies.
- Ship solutions implementing GraphQL, RESTat scale via a collection of services.
- Develop primarily in golang. Experience with ruby, nodejs, python or comparable languages is a plus.
- Did we mention Testing?
- Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine
- New Relic
- Self-Starter that can thrive in a remote-friendly environment.
- 5+ years' experience maintaining software platforms and deployments. We run what we build.
- Deep experience with at least one cloud computing environment deploying container-based solutions.
- Experience developing REST APIs, SDKs, and CLI toolsets
- Experience with Agile methodologies, test driven development, continuous integration, and version control
- Experience building and enhancing configuration driven systems using tools like Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Salt or other comparable technologies.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top