Senior. Data Engineer (Remote)
- Pittsburg, KS
Virtual Req #11489
Friday, September 11, 2020
Join Gannett, a top global digital media company that reaches more than 100 million people monthlythrough a powerful network of broadcast, mobile & publishing properties. Gannett Product Technology leads development and innovation around digital products across the company - our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever they need us. Explore the possibilities at Gannett as Senior Data Architect.
The Senior Data Architect at Gannett is an senior-level position geared toward people with an aptitude for big data architecture and automation, and an attitude for continuous learning and improvement.
Our Senior Data Architects are responsible for the data lake at Gannett and services that our products rely on. They work to create a resilient, scalable, data architecture and platform that helps our product, business and marketing teams innovate while understanding key performance & business metrics.
We are a remote friendly, geographically distributed team that has embraced a remote culture for many years. This has allowed us to build a strong, talented, and collaborative team.
The ideal candidate is excited to work with large diverse datasets, and learn new things every week. This team is responsible integrating and ingesting new data-sources, deriving data insights, as well as maintaining and optimizing the data lake and platform.
- • You'll build, maintain and optimize our BigQuery data-lake infrastructure using technologies listed below.
- • Expect to work on ingesting new data sources from initial discovery & data architecture, through ETL authoring, operationalizing using Airflow DAGs, and post launch lifecycle.
- • Research and test new big-data technologies and tools.
- • Advanced SQL queries, and modeling.
- • Help drive the roadmap of Data Platform engineering.
- • Proactively engage vendors with required features to meet our roadmap and needs.
- • Leverage the full value out our vendor integrations and APIs.
- • Optimize BigQuery and ingest ETL resources to decrease spend & increase performance.
- • 50% - Platform development - Updating and evolving our tools and services.
- • 50% - Platform Support - working with business stakeholder teams on projects, adhoc requests, troubleshooting issues & answering questions
- • Google Cloud Platform
- • BigQuery
- • Airflow
- • Kubernetes
- • Docker
- • Python, Scala, Java, Bash
- • Singer.io
- • Qubole
- • Github
- • Looker
- • Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- • 5+ years experience in big data centric position
- • Expertise in at least one scripting/programming language
- • Deep SQL knowledge/experience
- • Experience with managing cloud solutions
- • Experience in complex pipeline task management (Airflow, Argo, etc...)
- • Experience with Kubernetes
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top