Senior Content Coach
- McLean, VA
McLean, VA, USA ● Virtual Req #12413
Friday, November 20, 2020
Sports - Senior Editor
USA TODAY seeks a dynamic editor to oversee our national coverage of the NFL and college sports. We emphasize breaking news, smart commentary, impactful enterprise and unique storytelling, and we are looking for an editor with a track record of coaching up reporters and editors and elevating coverage.
The candidate must have a deep understanding of the digital space and experience growing audience and building loyalty among readers. This starts with conceptualizing coverage and stories, working with reporters from start to finish, coordinating with the video team and creating social strategies.
In addition to leading daily coverage, he or she will lead teams in generating unique enterprise and working across departments on special projects and big events. This editor must collaborate with editors and reporters across the USA TODAY Sports Network to maximize expertise, resources and reach.
USA TODAY recognizes and appreciates the benefits of diversity in the workplace. EOE.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to producing journalism for a national audience that is impactful and authoritative
- Experience working with reporters to generate ideas and plan coverage
- Excellent editing, writing and reporting skills
- Ability to generate quick-turn news stories, thoughtful enterprise and in-depth projects
- Ability to lead and collaborate on projects across newsroom departmentsand the USA TODAY Network
- Strong understanding of audience analytics and how to use them to drive content decisions
- Exemplary news judgment and experience editing stories of a sensitive nature
- Great communication skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced news environment
- Commitment to diversity in reflecting the communities we cover
- Ability to coach writers and editors in producing their best work and helping them achieve short and long-term career goals
- Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism, Digital Media or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10 years of experience working in a news organization
How to apply:
Please make sure to include your resume, a cover letter explaining your approach to the job and links to your work, together as a single document upload.
About USA TODAY:
We offer a competitive base salary, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid time off, company paid holidays, employee discount program, domestic partner benefits and a 401(k) plan.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top