Senior Cash Accountant
- Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee, WI, USA Req #9151
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Primary responsibility of this role is to ensure accurate and timely application of advertising payments.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited, to:
- Utilizes instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of a job.
- Is expected to utilize good judgment in maintaining essential job functions through planning, analysis and follow up.
- Researches and resolves unapplied cash balances by working with different departments, completing bank research, and client communication.
- Takes initiative on tasks that will result in operational efficiencies including making recommendations for development and automation of account look up.
- Completion of general ledger journal entry transactions.
- Strong reporting background
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skills
- Strong general accounting skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Products background
- Passion for results
- Customer/client orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Accounting degree (Associate) with 2+ years of general accounting experience or comparable work experience.
- Experience in commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within financial reporting and cost accounting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top