Senior Business Analyst
- Payson, AZ
Arizona, USA ● California, USA ● Colorado, USA ● Florida, USA ● Illinois, USA ● Massachusetts, USA ● Michigan, USA ● New Jersey, USA ● New York, NY, USA ● North Carolina, USA ● South Carolina, USA ● Virginia, USA ● Virtual Req #13278
Monday, February 1, 2021
EnMotive, a Gannett Company, is a full-service event services company offering registration, timing, scoring and a wide range of other endurance event solutions. We work with over 1,000 events per year, using a combination of in-house registration, fundraising and volunteer software as well as industry leading external race timing software. We are looking for passionate, detail-oriented, computer & technology savvy individual with the desire to help grow our eCommerce business and integrate our software solutions to support our mission to becoming "the one stop source" for endurance and ticketing events. Our application consists of features including customer relationship management, event registrations, ticket registrations, shipping, donations, results, photography, on-site check-in, fundraising, membership and reporting among other uses.
EnMotive is seeking an experienced Business Analyst that will be a part of a growing team working to refine and enhance a suite of consumer-facing applications. You should be comfortable working on projects either as part of a small team, or individually depending on the needs of the project. You should also expect to be working in a fast pace and dynamic environment that is able to shift from one project or business priority to the next as we break down projects into smaller tasks and release frequently.The Business Analyst will serve as the Scrum Master and use Scrum methodology to perform work that will consist of holding requirements gathering sessions and retrospectives, preparation of agendas and notes, requirement refinements, monthly status reporting, user story writing, system documentation, testing, and supporting the application throughout the development process. Work is expected to be offsite.
• Serve as the Scrum Master and lead certain Agile ceremonies
• Elicit requirements using any of the following: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
• Write requirements specifications/User Stories according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate
• Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements
• Participate/Lead user story prioritization and facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders
• Identify the current and future-state business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements
• Participating in functionality testing and user acceptance testing of the new system
• Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents and work products derived from those documents to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly
• Coordinate Business Validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended
• Work with the product manager or project sponsor to document the product's vision and the project's scope
• Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis
• Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
• Propose new product features and updates
• Participate in daily stand-up with team
• Meet with business owners and developer regularily
• Prepare agendas for meetings and document notes as needed
• Acting as a team-lead on assigned projects and assignments; and providing work direction to the developers and other project stakeholders.
• Five to Seven (5-7) years' experience Business Analyst role
• A Master's degree substitutes for three years of experience, or a Bachelor's degree substitutes for two years, or an Associate's degree substitutes for one year
• Two (2) engagements lasting more than six (6) months in Business Analyst role
• Extensive experience with scrum methodology
• Extensive experience as scrum master
• Extensive experience writing user stories
• CSM Certification
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top