Senior Accountant, Inventory
- McLean, VA
McLean, VA, USA Req #10175
Monday, February 3, 2020
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to be primarily responsible for performing daily, monthly and annual corporate accounting activities relating to Company inventory activities. This position conducts back office and accounting functions to include preparation of accruals, reconciliations and other close related journal entries. This position will collaborate with business operations, corporate functions, customers, suppliers and auditors. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and applies these principles in all aspects of work. The Corporate Accounting Senior should have an understanding of and experience in Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills and be able to manage multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines. If you are detail oriented with high energy and initiative this is the role for you.
The successful candidate will regularly interact with management, customers and suppliers. The position is based in McLean, VA and reports into the Manager of Corporate Accounting.
- Prepare monthly supplier payments and customer invoices, including detailed remittance information, utilizing reports from Abinet.
- Maintain payables and receivables logs, work with Supply staff to research and resolve billing and payment inquiries.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis.
- Maintain desktop procedures documentation and contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Prepare monthly and year-end inventory roll forward schedules.
- Perform duties as assigned during the monthly/quarterly/annual close.
- Enter pricing information into Abinet inventory database.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly financial fluctuation analysis.
- Support internal and external audit requests as needed.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Professional Office Applications, including Word, and PowerPoint. Proficiency with database applications and Abinet a plus.
- CPA preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top