Job Title: Senior Accountant
"Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com."
Due to our continuing growth, we are currently seeking Accountants. The Accountants will be responsible for completion and maintenance of general ledger transactions, balance sheet reconciliations and financial reports for units affiliated with the NSSC. Responsibilities include assisting with month-end close process by preparing and analyzing monthly journal entries and reporting documents for Gannett business units, reconciling and analyzing assigned balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation, and demonstrating initiative to resolve any balancing issues in the reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3 plus years related experience
- Strong systems orientation
- MS Office knowledge required
- Lawson general ledger knowledge preferred
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on superior customer service
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top