Job Title: Senior Accountant
"Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA
TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com."
Due to our continuing growth, we are currently seeking Senior Accountants. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for completion and maintenance of general ledger transactions, balance sheet reconciliations and financial reports for units affiliated with the SSC. Responsibilities include assisting with month-end close process by preparing and analyzing monthly journal entries and reporting
documents for Gannett business units, reconciling and analyzing assigned balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation, and demonstrating initiative to resolve any balancing issues in the reconciliations.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 2 to 5 years related experience
• Strong systems orientation
• MS Office knowledge required
• Lawson general ledger knowledge preferred
• Good knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• Must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on superior customer service
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top